All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrightfully Friendly Ghosties, described as exciting, charming and ridiculous, by The Guardian, is a hilarious book for young readers about the adventures of a funny, charming, and terribly polite group of ghosts who just want to get along with their housemates. The cast of classic characters, brilliant one-liners, and clever plotting will delight children and parents alike. King's spicy wit ensures School of Meanies is full of wibbly wobbly sketchers that will make younger children crow with pleasure, according to the Literary Review. Ghost School is stupid and rubbish, and, um, I'm t going to Ghost School ever again! Bumping--the ghosties' only way to interact with the physical world--is Humphrey Bump's favorite thing. But the nasty headmaster at ghost school doesn't agree. He expels Humphrey for--you've got it!--bumping. So the other ghosties--Agatha, Tabitha and Wither--find Humphrey a place at still-alive school. They are also on hand to help him make friends. Wither invisibly writes a spooky poem on the board, Agatha sends children whirling into the clouds, and they all whisp out of Humphrey's satchel during lessons. The still-alive children are so mean they only run away. But they are thing compared to the still-alive headmaster who is the biggest bully ever. Can Humphrey gather all the ghosties together to fight the bully, save the school and make lots of new friends?
- Author BiographyAUTHORDaren King is the author of numerous popular children's books, including Mouse Noses on Toast, which won the Nestle Children's Gold Prize, and Peter the Penguin Pioneer, which was shortlisted for the Blue Peter Award. He lives in London. ILLUSTRATORDavid Roberts is a prolific children's book illustrator. He has worked with many authors--including Philip Ardagh, Julia Donaldson, Jacqueline Wilson, and Chris Priestly--and is the creator of the Dirtie Bertie series. Roberts lives in London.
- Author(s)Daren King
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleFrightfully Friendly Ghosties
- Series Part/Volume Number03
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Roberts
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.