All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together veteran and emerging scholars from a variety of fields to chart new territory for hip-hop based education. Looking beyond rap music and the English language arts classroom, invative chapters unpack the theory and practice of hip-hop based education in science, social studies, college composition, teacher education, and other fields. Authors consider t only the curricular aspects of hip-hop but also how its deeper aesthetics such as improvisational freestyling and competitive battling can shape teaching and learning in both secondary and higher education classrooms. Schooling Hip-Hop will spark new and creative uses of hip-hop culture in a variety of educational settings.
- Author BiographyMarc Lamont Hill is an associate professor of English education at Teachers College, Columbia University, USA and the author of the award-winning Beats, Rhymes, and Classroom Life.
Emery Petchauer is an assistant professor of urban education in the Teacher Development and Educational Studies department at Oakland University, USA and the author of Hip-Hop Culture in College Students' Lives.
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byEmery Petchauer,Marc Lamont Hill
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.