All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchooling in Transition offers students a broad survey of key themes in the history of education, bringing together ground-breaking research on developments from across Canada with the best work published in the field. Looking back over two centuries of education history in Canada, this textbook highlights the degree to which key issues -- such as local versus central control of the public education system, and the accommodation of mirity needs -- continue to shape the experience of children within our schools. Schooling in Transition is ideally structured to accommodate a one-semester university-level course: each chapter contains a short thematic introduction, two articles addressing the common theme, and suggestions for further readings. A general introduction by the editors outlines the main issues in the historiography of education in Canada, while historical illustrations included throughout serve to stimulate readers' interest and promote debate.
- Author BiographySara Z. Burke is an associate professor in the Department of History at Laurentian University. Patrice Milewski is an associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
- Author(s)Patrice Milewski,Sara Z. Burke
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width179 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.