About this product
- DescriptionAfter injuring his spinal cord in an accident, Jasper the dachshund was unable to move his back legs. In 2012, scientists at Cambridge University tried an unusual experiment to help Jasper walk again. They took special cells from inside Jasper's se and transplanted them into his spine. Why? Scientists knew that these cells constantly regrow to keep the se working. Could these same cells somehow repair Jasper's damaged spinal cord? This is just one of many fascinating stories found in Science Dogs. For more than a century, dogs like Jasper have played a key role in scientific discoveries, from the invention of the pacemaker to a cancer-sniffing machine modeled after a dogs se. With dramatic, full-color photos, this book is sure to appeal to dog lovers everywhere.
- Author(s)Meish Goldish
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleDog Heroes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width203 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.