All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery child goes through a phase of asking embarrassingly simple questions. Why is the sky blue? Why do we dream? Where did the Moon come from? Even the most educated adult can be stumped by such inquiries. But the curiosity behind them - and the urge to satisfy it - lies at the heart of science. This compendium of questions and answers is based on a weekly column first launched in The Independent more than 15 years ago under the rubric Techquest.
- Author BiographyNominated and the winner of many prizes in his field, Steve Connor is the dean of Science journalism. In recent times he has reported the most remarkable breakthroughs in genetic engineering, not least the advent of the three-parent child. He has also pioneered day journalism in his field, highlighting the prevalence of male births among the south Asian population in the UK, suggesting some troubling social factors at work. Most of all, he is able to explain and illustrate complex stories with consummate ease, a rare skill indeed among science writers.
- PublisherIndependent Print Limited
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndependent Print Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.