All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible and engaging text explores the relationship between philosophy, science and physical geography. It addresses an imbalance that exists in opinion, teaching and to a lesser extent research, between a philosophically enriched human geography and a perceived philosophically igrant physical geography. Science, Philosophy and Physical Geography, challenges the myth that there is a single self-evident scientific method, that can and is applied in a straightforward manner by physical geographers. It demonstrates the variety of alternative philosophical perspectives. Furthermore it emphasizes the difference that the real world geographical context and the geographer make to the study of environmental phemen. This includes a consideration of the dynamic relationship between human and physical geography. Finally, it demonstrates the relevance of philosophy for both an understanding of published material and for the design and implementation of studies in physical geography. Key themes such as global warming, species and evolution and fluvial geomorphology are used to provide illustrations of key concepts in each chapter. Further reading is provided at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyRobert Inkpen is Senior Lecturer in Geography at the University of Portsmouth. He has published in a variety of research areas including the degradation of historic monuments, landslide hazards and the history of philosophy of physical geography.
- Author(s)Graham Wilson,Robert Inkpen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2004
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date01/12/2014
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 34 black & white line drawings
- Weight350 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.