Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book can make you a marvel of classroom multitasking. First, it helps you achieve a serious goal: to blend 12 areas of general biology with quantitative reasoning in ways that will make your students better at evaluating product claims and news reports. Second, its 51 case studies are a great way to get students engaged in science. Who wouldn't be glad to skip the lecture and instead delve into investigating cases with titles like these: A Can of Bull? Do Energy Drinks Really Provide a Source of Energy? ELVIS Meltdown! Microbiology Concepts of Culture, Growth, and Metabolism The Case of the Druid Dracula As the Worm Turns: Speciation and the Maggot Fly The Dead Zone: Ecology and Oceagraphy in the Gulf of Mexico Long-time pioneers in the use of educational case studies, the authors have written two other popular NSTA Press books: Start With a Story (2007) and Science Stories: Using Case Studies to Teach Critical Thinking (2012). Science Stories You Can Count On is easy to use with both biology majors and nscience students. The cases are clearly written and provide detailed teaching tes and answer keys on a coordinating website. You can count on this book to help you promote scientific and data literacy in ways to prepare students to reason quantitatively and, as the authors write, to be astute eugh to demand to see the evidence.
- Author(s)Clyde Freeman Herreid,Ky F. Herreid,Nancy A. Schiller
- PublisherNational Science Teachers Association
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Science Teachers Association
- Width215 mm
- Height270 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.