All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith See for Yourself!, budding scientists can wow their teachers and classmates (and maybe win a ribbon or two) by learning: How to extract DNA from an onion How pigments from vegetables make dye How to make paper out of lint from a clothes dryer How to make a friend feel like he or she has a third hand What happens when you grow yeast in dandruff shampoo That tea and iron pills make excellent inks And much more! See for Yourself! includes experiments in the areas of chemistry, earth science, physical science, the human body, and techlogy, but the experiments all take their inspiration from very familiar places. The materials needed to execute the experiments can all be inexpensively purchased at the supermarket, the toy store, the hardware store, the stationery store, and the drugstore. Some of the experiments are quick and easy, while others are more challenging. Most include additional suggestions so that curious young scientists can keep on investigating.
- Author BiographyVicki Cobb is the well-known author of more than eighty-five highly entertaining nonfiction books for children, including Bet You Can't, which won the New York Academy of Sciences Children's Science Book Award, and We Dare You! Cobb's lighthearted approach to hands-on science has become her trademark for getting kids involved in experiences that create real learning. She resides in Greenburgh, New York.
- Author(s)Vicki Cobb
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note250 color illustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.