Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the implementation of science, techlogy and invation (STI) policy in eight Latin American countries and the different paths these policies have taken. It provides empirical evidence to examine the extent to which STI policies are contributing to the development of the region, as well as to the solution of market failures and the stimulus of the region's invation systems. Since the pioneering work of Solow (1957), it has been recognized that invation is critical for ecomic growth both in developed and in less-developed countries. Unfortunately Latin America lags behind world trends, and although over the last 20 years the region has established a more stable and certain macroecomic regime, it is also clear that these changes have t been eugh to trigger a process of invation and productivity to catch-up. Against this rather grim scenario there is some optimism emerging throughout the region. After many years of inaction the region has begun to invest in science, techlogy and engineering once again. Furthermore, after many changes in invation policy frameworks, there is w an emerging consensus on the need for a solution to coordination failures that hinder the interaction between supply and demand. Offering an informative and analytic insight into STI policymaking within Latin America, this book can be used by students, researchers and practitioners who are interested in the design and implementation of invation policies. This book also intends to encourage discussion and collaboration amongst current policy makers within the region.
- Author BiographyGabriela Dutrenit is Professor of Economics and Innovation Management at the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, and she is currently the President of Mexico's Advisory Forum on Science and Technology, an advisory organism of STI policies to the government. She holds a PhD. degree from the University of Sussex (SPRU). She is a regular member of the Mexican Academy of Science. She is part of the International Scientific Committee of Global Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation and Competence Building Systems (Globelics) and is the Coordinator of the Latin American Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation and Competence Building Systems (LALICS). Her research interests include: innovation and development, in particular learning and technological capability accumulation at the firm level; university-industry linkages; research and development (R&D) and innovation policy. Gustavo Crespi is a Lead Competitiveness and Innovation at the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB). He holds a PhD. degree from the University of Sussex (SPRU), a M.A. degree from the University of Chile and a bachelor's degree from the National University of Cordoba, Argentina. He was also Senior Program Officer of the International Development Research Center (IDRC), Canada. He has published numerous articles in journals such as Word Development, Research Policy, Journal of Technology Transfer, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Technovation and Small Business Economics. He is also a member of the regional advisory board of Research Policy and the International Journal of Technology Learning, Innovation and Development.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight462 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byGabriela Dutrenit,Gustavo Crespi
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.