All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionScience and Islam provides a detailed account of the relationship between Islam and science from the emergence of the Islamic scientific tradition in the eighth century to the present time. This relationship has gone through three distinct phases. The first phase began with the emergence of science in the Islamic civilization in the eighth century and ended with the rise of modern science in the West; the second period is characterized by the arrival of modern science in the Muslim world, most of which at that time was under colonial occupation; and the third period, which began around 1950, is characterized by a more mature approach to the major questions that modern science has posed for all religious traditions. Based on primary sources, the book presents a parama of Islamic views on some of the major issues in the current science and religion discourse. Written in accessible language, Science and Islam is an authentic account of the multi-faceted and complex issues that arise at the interface of Islamic intellectual tradition and science. Rich in historical details, the book is a fascinating survey of the interaction of Islamic beliefs with the enterprise of science.
- Author BiographyMuzaffar Iqbal is the President of the Center for Islam and Science (www.cis-ca.org), Canada. A scientist by training, an Islamic scholar by vocation, a novelist and a poet, his previous works include Islam and Science (2002) and God, Life, and the Cosmos: Christian and Islamic Perspectives (co-editor, 2002).
- Author(s)Dr. Muzaffar Iqbal
- Date of Publication30/03/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGreenwood Guides to Science and Religion
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note25 photographs (b&w)
- Weight562 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.