All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was first published in 2006. Despite many well-intentioned policies and changes to management practices, the world's natural resources continue to decline. The roles and interplay between science and policy in the regional broadacre agriculture landscape are examined here, offering readers a thorough understanding of the complex interactions that occur across spatial scales to produce the regional-scale impacts. The fundamental causes of resource degradation, social decline and environmental pollution are addressed, examining the cross-scale drivers from the individual farm level to the global level of commodity systems. Broadacre agriculture is a common land use throughout all continents of the world and is driven by the same type of dynamics, and this case study of the Western Australia agricultural region can be used to clearly demonstrate the principles for other agricultural systems. Aimed at academics, ranging from researchers through to policy analysts, this book will inspire invation and action in sustainable natural resource management.
- Author BiographyHelen E. Allison is a researcher into complex systems and has experience working terrestrial and aquatic systems in tropical, temperate and Mediterranean climates in Australian, Europe and South Africa. She is a Post-Doctoral Fellow at Murdoch University in Perth, Western Australia. Richard J. Hobbs is Professor of Environmental Science at Murdoch University, where he teaches Environmental Restoration. He is the author of over 230 refereed publications, many magazine articles and unrefereed publications, and author/editor of 12 books. His particular interests are in vegetation dynamics and management, fragmentation, invasive species, ecosystem restoration, conservation biology and landscape ecology.
- Author(s)Helen E. Allison,Richard J. Hobbs
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus.
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.