Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a flat universe full of dark energy to a lab full of stem cells, it's hard keeping up with the huge, kinetic world of science and techlogy. This unique volume offers a sweeping tour of the field for inquisitive audiences. The 2001 edition is a news digest, a concise encyclopedia, and an up-to-date statistical handbook all in one--a compelling introduction for the curious, a sharp summary for the expert, and a thorough reference for anyone interested in science and techlogy. This completely updated edition brings together the news, people, and statistics of the year's most important events and issues in the fields of: * Astromy and Space * Chemistry * Computers and the Internet * Earth Sciences * Environment * Health and Medicine * Life Sciences * Mathematics * Meteorology and the Weather * Physics * Techlogy Special features and reference aids include photographs, illustrations, and figures; extensive tables and charts; a timeline and calendar of upcoming events; a directory of zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums, associations and organizations, and institutes and government organizations; a glossary; and an index. Photographs, tables and charts, a timeline, and a calendar illuminate the text and provide a quick view of what transpired around the world in 2001. The Almanac also covers: *The year's most important issues, legislation and regulation, best-selling science and nature books, and outstanding Web sites *The scientists behind the headlines, concise biographies, obituaries, and an extensive list of sci-tech award winners *Extensive tables for worldwide and country-by-country statistics on energy use and consumption, agricultural output and productivity, the environment, transportation and communication, and health and medicine Reference and User Services Quarterly hailed the previous edition for covering a plethora of information over a broad spectrum of the sciences and deemed it valuable in school, public, and academic libraries.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM ALLSTETTER created and launched Today's Science on File, a monthly science-news digest for high school students. Most recently, he served as Director of Science Communications at Columbia University's College of Physicians & Surgeons. Allstetter is currently a freelance writer, and has published in numerous journals including Technology Review, Discover, and American Health. Allstetter, who lives in New York City, studied biology at Stanford University and has his journalism degree from Columbia University.
- Author(s)William Allstetter
- Date of Publication30/08/2001
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleScience & Technology Almanac
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.