Science and Technology by Kay Marie Porterfield, Emory Dean Keoke (Hardback, 2005)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScience and Techlogy shows how American Indians developed science and created techlogy by observing the world around them. The people of Mesoamerica invented the zero, created accurate calendars, and developed writing systems. Native peoples used chemical processes to make chocolate and pottery, devised number systems, and predicted the movements of the stars and planets. Today a number of American Indians are entering careers as scientists, doctors, and engineers, carrying a rich heritage of curiosity, observation, and invention forward into the future.
- Author BiographyEmory Dean Keoke is an enrolled member of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. He received a B.A. in Indian studies and a B.S. in nursing and has worked as a multicultural relations and communications consultant. Kay Marie Porterfield is a writer with more than 20 years of experience. She received a B.A. in English and a B.S. in counseling. She is the author of 12 books, has worked as a reporter for Indian Country Today, and is the winner of a 1996 South Dakota Press Association Award and the recipient of a 2003 Artist Fellowship Award in creative nonfiction.
- Author(s)Emory Dean Keoke,Kay Marie Porterfield
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2005
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleAmerican Indian Contributions to the World S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note73 illustrations, 17 maps
- Weight540 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.