Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionScience/Techscience has moved to centre-stage in debates over change, power and justice in twenty-first century societies. This text provides a general framework for understanding, combining and applying the rich range of approaches that exist within sociology about science: in particular, the role (and limitations) of science in generating kwledge, and the relationship between scientific kwledge and social progress. Drawing on case studies from the past up until today's new genetics, this is a clear, even-handed and comprehensive introduction to the field.
- Author BiographyMATTHEW DAVID is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Plymouth, UK. He has researched constructions of environmentalism, new electronic data service in education, and the effectiveness of internet challenges to rural social exclusion, and is the author of many articles, publishing in Sociological Research Online, the International Journal of Social Research Methodology, New Genetics and Society, Telematics and Informatics, Radical Philosophy, Current Sociology, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Matthew David
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/02/2005
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight475 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.