All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the secrets of crime solving with this fascinating new book. Science of Crime Solving provides an insider's look at how crimes are solved with the help of forensic science. Offering students a peek at the many investigations that have revolutionized this field of study, this new book explores the pioneers of forensic science, how evidence is collected and analyzed, the science of DNA, fingerprinting, and more. Written by a well-respected forensic scientist with extensive experience in this field, this fascinating volume covers the important cases and procedures that govern scientific evidence: testimony, admissibility hearings, and how the law and scientific evidence intersect in a courtroom. Science of Crime Solving is an essential book that provides readers with a thorough understanding of what forensic science is and how it can assist in crime fighting.Chapters include: Forensic Science: In and Out of the Laboratory; History and Pioneers; What Is Evidence; Microscopy; Spectroscopy; Chromatography; Forensic DNA; Fingerprints; and, Firearms Examination.
- Author BiographyMax M. Houck is the Director of the Forensic Science Initiative (FSI) at West Virginia University. He also co-edits the journal Forensic Science Policy and Management.
- Author(s)Max M. Houck
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Note18 black-&-white photographs and 14 line illustrations, index, glossary, cross-references, sidebars, chronology, further reading, web sites, tables
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest Age11 to 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.