Scientific Data Management: Challenges, Technology, and Deployment by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $151.16+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $135.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDealing with the volume, complexity, and diversity of data currently being generated by scientific experiments and simulations often causes scientists to waste productive time. Scientific Data Management: Challenges, Techlogy, and Deployment describes cutting-edge techlogies and solutions for managing and analyzing vast amounts of data, helping scientists focus on their scientific goals. The book begins with coverage of efficient storage systems, discussing how to write and read large volumes of data without slowing the simulation, analysis, or visualization processes. It then focuses on the efficient data movement and management of storage spaces and explores emerging database systems for scientific data. The book also addresses how to best organize data for analysis purposes, how to effectively conduct searches over large datasets, how to successfully automate multistep scientific process workflows, and how to automatically collect metadata and lineage information. This book provides a comprehensive understanding of the latest techniques for managing data during scientific exploration processes, from data generation to data analysis. Enhanced by numerous detailed color images, it includes real-world examples of applications drawn from biology, ecology, geology, climatology, and more. Check out Dr. Shoshani discuss the book during an interview with International Science Grid This Week (iSGTW): http://www.isgtw.org/?pid=1002259
- Author BiographyArie Shoshani is a senior staff scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where he heads the Scientific Data Management Research Group. Dr. Shoshani is also the director of the Scientific Data Management Center, one of several large computer science centers supported by the SciDAC program of the U.S. Department of Energy. Doron Rotem is a senior staff scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where he heads the research program on scientific data management.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note146 black & white illustrations, 37 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byArie Shoshani,Doron Rotem
- Series Edited byHorst D. Simon
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.