Scientific Evidence for Musculoskeletal, Bariatric, and Sports Nutrition by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $251.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.99+ AU $12.50 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by alkmaria1955
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNutrition has long been the missing ingredient in the treatment of the various musculoskeletal conditions seen daily by the health professionals. The often-stated reason for giving nutrition short shrift is the lack of evidence. Responding to this need, Scientific Evidence for Musculoskeletal, Bariatric, and Sports Nutrition provides clinicians with an evidence-based integration of nutrition into medical treatment. Gathering biochemical information and presenting it in clinical terms, the book explores the link between fat, muscle, and bone tissue, and how nutrition can be used to enhance their metabolism and performance. Written by doctors for doctors, the book offers a biological rationale supported by animal studies, clinical trials, ongoing research initiatives, and epidemiological findings. It provides discussions of body composition, nutrigemics, and fetal origins of adult-onset musculoskeletal conditions. The contributors identify macronutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and even water for optimal muscle, bone and fat metabolism. They also delineate how new techlogy can be incorporated into practice and highlight foods and nutraceuticals with effects similar to medications. The international, multidisciplinary panel of contributors, many of them practicing clinicians, attests to the multifaceted nature of treating musculoskeletal conditions. The book includes pearls from clinicians rewned for their invative work in fibromyalgia, sports medicine, sarcopenia, osteoporosis, obesity, and environmental medicine. Additional clinical chapters summarize the evidence for nutritional interventions for muscle hypertrophy from steroid use, arexia, metabolic syndrome, strained muscles, osteoarthritis, gout, fractures, perioperative muscle loss, bariatric surgery, and high body stores of xebiotics. Approximately 100 charts, tables, and protocols allow easy access and cross-referencing. The text presents approaches to clinical management that foster more predictive, cost-and outcome-effective, integrative, and comprehensive clinical care. An article by Ingrid Kohlstadt on education and nutrition appeared in TIME Magazine online on November 12, 2014.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/01/2006
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables, 5 black & white halftones
- Weight952 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byIngrid Kohlstadt
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.