All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith advancements across various scientific and medical fields, professionals in audiology are in a unique position to integrate cutting-edge techlogy with real-world situations. Scientific Foundations of Audiology provides a strong basis and philosophical framework for understanding various domains of hearing science in the context of contemporary developments in: genetics, gene expression, bioengineering, neuroimaging, neurochemistry, cochlear and mid-brain implants, associated speech processing and understanding, molecular biology, physics, modeling, medicine, and clinical practice.Key features of this text include:Highly technical information presented in a cohesive and understandable manner (i.e. concepts without complex equations)Discussion of integrating newly developed techlogy within the clinical practice of audiologyState-of-the-art contributions from a stellar array of international world-class expertsScientific Foundations of Audiology is geared towards: doctoral students in audiology, physics, and engineering; residents in otolaryngology, neurology, neurosurgery, and pediatrics; and those intermediaries between invation and clinical reality.
- Author BiographyAnthony T. Cacace, PhD, is an audiologist and research professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Wayne State University. He was staff scientist at the Advanced Imaging Center, the Neurosciences Institute, Department of Neurology, and was Director of Oto-Neurological Research in the Division of Otolaryngology at Albany Medical College before transitioning to Wayne State University. His interests include auditory processing disorders, psychoacoustics, electroacoustics (otoacoustic emissions, middle ear power reflectance), electrophysiology, neuroimaging, and tinnitus.Emile de Kleine, PhD, is a medical physicist-audiologist at the University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands. He earned his degree in Applied Physics at University of Twente, The Netherlands. After that he subsequently did his PhD and his training in audiology at the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at the University Medical Center Groningen. His interests include otoacoustic emissions, cochlear implantation, tinnitus, and hyperacusis.Avril Genene Holt, PhD, is an auditory neuroscientist and Associate Professor within the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at Wayne State University School of Medicine. Her research focuses on auditory system function, specifically on ways of modulating hearing and tinnitus. Current work is associated with rhodopsin (CHR2 and HALO), dopamine, calcium-channel blockers, vGlut (1-3), and 2--port domain potassium channels. Of particular interest is the application of calcium channel blockers and the combined use of pre-pulse inhibition of startle reflex and manganese enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI) for identifying biomarkers in animal models of noise-induced tinnitus.Pim van Dijk, PhD, is a medical physicist -- audiologist at the University Medical Center Groningen and a professor of audiology at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands. His interests include the biophysics of hearing, clinical audiology, and the neuroscience of tinnitus. His recent work includes otoacoustic emission research in various vertebrate species and neuroimaging studies in tinnitus patients.
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack and white
- Edited byAnthony T. Cacace,Avril G. Holt,Emile De Kleine,Pim Van Dijk
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.