All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionHow we teach and what we teach is being questioned by multiple stakeholders in higher education, including the public at large. Given these forces, Scientific Inquiry in Nursing Education addresses the quality of the scholarship and research evidence on which nurse faculty have been basing their teaching practices. In order to fill a gap in nursing research, this book offers a perspective that focuses scientific inquiry directly on teaching practice. Multiple audiences will benefit from the guidance provided in these chapters:* Nurse scientists interested in designing, conducting, and using pedagogical research* Doctoral students, both PhD and DNP, for their research* Novice, experienced, and seasoned nurse faculty who want to conduct research in nursing educationThis book is designed for those who want to advance the science of nursing education in order to effectively teach and prepare nursing students as competent practitioners, matter the level of their education.
- Author BiographyBarbara J. Patterson, PhD, RN, ANEF, is a Distinguished Professor and Director of the PhD Program in the School of Nursing, Associate Dean for Scholarship and Inquiry, and Chair of the Institutional Review Board at Widener University in Chester, Pennsylvania. She received a diploma in nursing from Millard Fillmore Hospital School of Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing from D'Youville College, Masters of Science in Nursing from University of Southern Maine, and PhD from the University of Rhode Island. She has teaching experience with pre-licensure nursing students in advanced medical-surgical nursing, gerontology, and research and with doctoral students in qualitative research, nursing science and theory, leadership, as well as dissertation advisement. She has chaired over 40 PhD dissertations, many of which investigated nursing education topics. Dr. Patterson has presented and published extensively in nursing education. Her research and publications are in the areas of social support and aging, evidence-based teaching, veterans care, and leadership in nursing education. She is faculty for the Nurse Faculty Leadership Academy of Sigma Theta Tau International where she works with novice nurse educators and individual leadership development. Dr. Patterson was Chair of the Research Review Panel for the National League for Nursing from 2012-2015, which reviews research grants for nursing education. She has been active on several task groups at NLN specific to educational preparation of nurse educators and nursing education research priorities. Dr. Patterson is also the Research Briefs editor for Nursing Education Perspectives. Anne M. Krouse, PhD, MBA, RN-BC, is a Professor in the School of Nursing at Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania, where she also holds the position of Associate Provost for Learning Spaces and Strategic Initiatives. Dr. Krouse is also the Coordinator of the Executive Nurse Leadership program. Her teaching experience is in the areas of maternal-child health, nursing education, leadership, informatics, and health policy. She was awarded the Fitz Dixon Innovation in Teaching award in 2012 for her work in teaching health policy. Her research and publications have been primarily in the areas of nursing education, leadership, and maternal-child health. Dr. Krouse is currently a member of the National League for Nursing Public Policy committee.
- Author(s)Anne Krouse,Barbara Patterson
- PublisherNational League for Nursing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational League for Nursing,U.S.
- Content Note8
- Weight158 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.