About this product
- DescriptionExplore the scientific method! This book uses real-world examples to bring the concept of the scientific method to life in an approachable way. Clearly-written text draws in readers with concrete examples involving familiar, everyday things. The book covers the history of and key figures in the understanding of the scientific method, including Aristotle, Galileo, Isaac Newton, and Charles Darwin. Major concepts covered include the four steps of the scientific method (observe, explain, experiment, share), forming a hypothesis, Ockhams razor, theories, variables, controls, and bias. Full-color photos, a glossary, an index, sidebars, primary source documents, and other creative content enhance the book. It also includes prompts and activities that directly engage students in developing the reading, writing, and critical thinking skills promoted by the Common Core standards. This well-researched title has a credentialed content consultant and aligns with Common Core and state standards. Core Library is an imprint of ABDO Publishing Company.
- Author(s)L E Carmichael
- PublisherAbdo Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleScience in the Real World
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbdo Publishing Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width173 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.