All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScientific Simulations with Special-Purpose Computers. The GRAPE Systems J. Maki University of Tokyo, Japan and M. Taiji Institute for Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo, Japan Physics is full of complex many-body problems, i.e. problems where there are a large number of bodies interacting. This is particularly true in astrophysics, where stars or galaxies can be thought of as individual particles, but also in plasma physics, hydrodynamics and molecular dynamics. Special purpose computers have been developed to handle these highly complex problems. Scientific Simulations with Special-Purpose Computers gives an overview of these systems, and then focuses on an extremely high profile and successful project-the GRAPE computer at the University of Tokyo-and discusses its development, performance and applications across a range of problems. The future development and applications of special purpose computers are also discussed. Written by two of the leading developers of the GRAPE system, this unique volume will be of great interest to readers across a wide range of fields, including, astrophysicists, astromers, plasma physicists, researchers in molecular dynamics and computer scientists.
- Author(s)Junichiro Makino,Makoto Taiji
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/1998
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight534 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.