All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $34.63Free postage
- AU $39.89Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionIke Schwartz, Sheriff of Picketsville, Virginia, and Ruth Dennis, the President of a local university and Ike s fiancee cant find peace and quiet be at home after a trying year of academic and local politics. So, they elect to seek asylum on Scone Island, a rocky island four miles off the coast of Maine. Its lack of electricity, reliable water supply, and phone service guarantee their seclusion and peace. The fact there has been a suspicious accident resulting in the death of the mysterious Harmon Staley should t concern them at all. And it doesn t until Ike s past as a CIA agent rolls in on him like the area s famous twelve foot tides. Two more murders involving former colleagues elsewhere in the country send Charlie Garland, Ike s old friend from the Agency searching the files for a connection. Stonewalling by the CIA, conspiracies, real and imagined, end with Ike and Ruth facing an unkwn but determined number of assassins alone on the island.As if that were t eugh, Ruth s mother decides to drop in on them just as the excitement begins. A late arrival by the Director of the CIA and Charlie only make things worse forRuth who opts for Plan B Las Vegas in the hopes that she and Ike can finally get lost in the crowd. And good luck with that.
- Author BiographyDr. Frederick Ramsay was born in Baltimore, Maryland. He received his doctorate from the University of Illinois-Westside Medical Campus. After a stint in the Army, he joined the faculty of the University of Maryland, School of Medicine, teaching Anatomy, Embryology and Histology; engaged in research and also served as an Associate Dean. During this time he also pursued studies in theology and in 1971 was ordained an Episcopal priest. He is the author of several scientific and general articles, tracts, theses, and co-author of The Baltimore Declaration. He is an accomplished public speaker and once hosted a television spot, Prognosis, on the evening news for WMAR-TV, Baltimore. He is also an iconographer with works displayed around the world. He lives in Surprise, Arizona with his wife and partner, Susan.
- Author(s)Frederick Ramsay
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleIke Schwartz (Hardcover)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Weight422 g
- Width147 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.