All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScorched Earth will be the first comprehensive history of fine art potteries in southern Africa, with a focus on pioneer ceramic studios and workshops. The encyclopaedic revisionist history of an often overlooked sector of the South African art and design world will explore the work of 30 potteries that produced high-quality ceramics wares from 1900 to 1980. The book promises to be the definitive history of southern Africa ceramics, giving voice to any artist who work is little kwn in the wider art world. It will contain over 300 photographs, a comprehensive list of studio, workshops and potters, makers' marks, and a wide-ranging essay on the history od this art form in southern Africa.
- Author BiographyWendy Gers is a former curator at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan art museum, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, and now lectures at l'Ecole Superieure d'Art et de Design de Valenciennes, France. Gers curated the prestigious Taiwan ceramics Biennale 2014. She is a research associate at the University of Johannesburg and an associate advisor at The design cradle, Cape Town. She has written museum catalogues and published articles in journals including Art South Africa, Ceramic review, Image and text, La revue de la ceramique et du verre and African arts.
- Author(s)Wendy Gers
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width225 mm
- Height300 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.