All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $50.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionScoring Eagles When an 11-year old, dedicated golfer discovers that his trust in people can't always be relied on, he learns that life, like golf, must be taken as it comes, and the best he can do is the best he can do. A golf match reveals the emotional frailty of his golfing buddy and challenges his beliefs about winning and loyalty. Finally, a confrontation with two bullies reveals the inner strengths of the boys and solidifies their friendship.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author... A graduate of Miami of Ohio in 1959, it wasn't until 50 years later - in retirement -- that Mike felt he had a book in him. So he did what writers are told to do - write what you know about and excites you. In his case, it was golf and teaching kids to play golf. His early marriage and two children of his own prepared him to understand a little about kids, but his professional background in advertising sales and copy writing didn't suggest that a book about kids would follow. The heroic character of the boys in this story is a reflection of real people Mike came to know while teaching golf . Their determination, spirit and willingness to work hard was Mike's inspiration. Seeing the kids through their eyes, helped Mike re-create the emotional life of two pre-teenage boys, the age when life's mysteries begin to confront us. It's a wonderful age to return to.
- Author(s)MR Myron Rosenthal
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)MR Andrew Miller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.