All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCulled from six previous collections, Scorpio Rising: Selected Poems, is the culmination of a thirty-five-year career. Katrovas's early poems reflect a harrowing childhood on the highways of America as his parents fled the FBI. They also probe the gas-lit backstreets of New Orleans's French Quarter where the protean human heart/is nature's crime against us. Witness to Prague's Velvet Revolution while on a Fulbright Fellowship, Katrovas in his later poems meditates upon his own American identity as he raises bi-cultural, bilingual daughters. Katrovas's formal verse has an edge we do t usually associate with traditionally formal poetry. Understanding that all gendered identity is a construction, Katrovas explores, as few lyric poets have, the linguistic and emotional contours of masculinity.
- Author BiographyThe author of twelve books of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction, RICHARD KATROVAS taught for twenty years at the University of New Orleans, and since 2002 at Western Michigan University. The recipient of numerous grants and awards, Katrovas is the founding director of the Prague Summer Program. Married to the yogini Krista Katrovas, he is the proud father of Czech-American daughters, Ema, Anna, and Ella.
- Author(s)Richard Katrovas
- PublisherCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.