All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis study documents and analyses the expectations of political elites about Scotland's role in a changing European Union. Based on 60 interviews with members of civil society, government officials, and politicians that were conducted during the key months preceding the first elections to the new Scottish Parliament, the book considers two key questions. First, how do elites expect the Scottish Executive to influence European policy-making? Second, how do elites understand the operation of governance under new constitutional arrangements? The study draws from the conceptual framework of Multi-Level Governance, using an actor-centred approach to obtain a nuanced understanding of perceptions. Many elites conclude that devolution is unlikely to affect significantly Scottish involvement in European policy-making. They do believe, however, that it can change the domestic legislative process in accordance with new forms of governance. This approach - which includes the principles of partnership, participation, and co-operation - could also guide Scotland's relationships with the UK and Europe.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Amanda Sloat received her BA in Political Theory from James Madison College at Michigan State University (USA), and earned her Ph.D. in Politics from the University of Edinburgh (UK). She has worked with the European Commission's Governance Team, and served as an adviser to the Scottish Parliament's European Committee during its Governance Inquiry. She is currently a Research Fellow in the Institute of Governance, Public Policy and Social Research at Queen's University Belfast (UK).
- Author(s)Amanda Sloat
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight380 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.