All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScotland's west coast is an undisputed world-class sea kayaking destination. This book challenges the reader to kayak a 500 km route, from the Isle of Gigha off the Kintyre peninsular, to the Summer Isles near Ullapool. It can be undertaken in four holiday-sized sections or as one long, glorious journey. The history of this country is inextricably linked to the west coast, from the Scoti to the Norsemen, the Lords of the Isles to the Clearances. An historical thread, woven through the text, tells 'Scotland's Story'. The emphasis is on practical advice; how to tackle tricky tidal passages; places to visit; where to source essential information; food re-supply; where to safely leave kayaks overnight; how and when to shuttle vehicles; and the accessibility of public transport. Although camping is an essential element of this journey the book does t identify wild camp sites or even picnic places. It gives sea kayakers eugh information to seek out their own adventures and so spread the environmental impact. There are useful photographs and tes to help identify wildlife without disturbance, plus practical recommendations on wild camping, from minimum impact techniques to Scottish access law. For those who travel the trail in the comfort of their armchairs, there's also the story of the author's own journey. Together you will travel under big skies on imposing seas in the company of seals, dolphins, eagles and gulls. The Scottish Sea Kayak Trail is waiting for you.
- Author BiographyThousands of sea kayakers around the world know Simon's voice from his podcast website, seakayakroutes.com and through his work as a correspondent with the BBC. Simon makes adventure films and shoots videos for businesses. He contributes travel articles to newspapers, such as The Sunday Times and The Herald, as well as writing for specialist magazines. His work has appeared in all the UK's kayaking magazines.
- Author(s)Simon Willis
- PublisherPesda Press
- Date of Publication08/06/2009
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationBangor
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPesda Press
- Content Notecolour photos & maps
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.