All listings for this product
About this product
- Description70 routes for the off-road runner, these tried and tested paths and tracks cover the whole of Scotland, including the islands. The selected routes come highly recommended by local runners and include many of Scotland's most enjoyable and runnable paths. This guide takes runners on a journey of discovery that starts in suburbia and crosses every kind of runnable terrain to reach remote glens and far-flung islands. Short, simple circuits close to town will suit beginners while ultra marathons through Scotland's wildest mountains will test even the most experienced runner. The runs are graded to help progressive development of the skills and confidence needed to tackle more challenging routes. Growing numbers of runners are turning to trail running; getting away from the traffic and knee pounding tarmac and enjoying the variety of rich experiences that can be gained on paths and tracks. Moving fast and light through scenic countryside is what trail running is all about. Leafy woodland, lazily meandering riverbanks, dramatic sea-cliffs, remote mountain passes: these are all more enjoyable places to run than crowded city pavements or suburban street mazes.
- Author BiographySusie Allison lives and works in Glasgow, Scotland, and has explored the wild parts of this spectacular country in all its moods and seasons. A keen wilderness runner, skier and mountaineer she hopes to demonstrate that, with a bit of practice, these wonderful places are accessible to all determined runners. A PhD physicist, Susie now works in technology commercialisation in the energy industry and has an eye for a challenge. Writing a book to cover trail running across the whole of Scotland easily satisfied this simple criteria. She hopes you find this book useful and a source of inspiration.
- Author(s)Susie Allison
- PublisherPesda Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2012
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Series Title70 Great Runs
- Place of PublicationBangor
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPesda Press
- Content Notecolour maps & photos
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.