Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.84+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- Description70AD. Disgraced, dishoured and banished into exile on pain of execution if he ever returns to Rome, the former military tribune Gaius Valerius Verrens makes his way East through the death and destruction of the savage Judaean rebellion. Valerius kws his only hope of long term survival and a restoration of his family's fortunes lie with his friend Titus, commander of the Army of Judaea and son of the newly crowned Emperor Vespasian. But when he reaches the ring of legionary camps around the seemingly impregnable city of Jerusalem he finds Titus a changed man. Gone is the cheerful young officer he knew, replaced by a tough, ruthless soldier under pressure from his father to end the insurrection at any cost. Soon, Valerius finds himself at the centre of a web of intrigue spun by Titus' lover, Queen Berenice of Cilicia, and her sometime ally, the general's turncoat adviser, Flavius Josephus, who have an ulterior motive for ending the siege quickly. Yet the laurels that will regain his hour cant be won in the negotiations in the murky tunnels beneath Jerusalem. Only amid the fire and blood of battle will he equal the glory that brought him the title Hero of Rome.
- Author BiographyA journalist by profession, Douglas Jackson transformed a lifelong fascination for Rome and the Romans in to his first two novels highly-praised novels, Caligula and Claudius. His third novel, Hero of Rome, introduced readers to his new series hero, Gaius Valerius Verrens. Defender of Rome, Avenger of Rome and Sword of Rome followed, winning critical acclaim and confirming Douglas as one of the UK's foremost historical novelists. An active member of the Historical Writers Association and the Historical Novels Society, He lives near Stirling in Scotland.
- Author(s)Douglas Jackson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleGaius Valerius Verrens
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date18/11/2016
- Content NoteB & W map
- Weight541 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.