CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic globalization has produced austere social jeopardy in extended parts of post-communist Europe with former Yugoslavia and its successor states as the most conspicuous example. Bringing new perspectives to bear on these issues, this text is concerned with social reconstruction in the world's increasing number of complex emergencies.
- Author BiographyCARL-ULRIK SCHIERUP Ph.D. in Social Anthropology (Universities of Arhus and Stockholm) and Ph.D. in Sociology (University of Umea). Director of the Danish Centre for Ethnic Studies (Esbjerg) 1995-96. Currently Director for the Centre for Studies on Migration, Ethnic Relations, and Globalisation (MERGE), University of Umea. Books published in English: Will they Still be Dancing? Integration and Ethnic Transformation among Yugoslav Immigrants in Scandinavia, Stockholm: Almquist and Wiksell International (1987/with Aleksandra Alund); Migration, Socialism, and the International Division of Labour (1990) Paradoxes of Multiculturalism(1991).
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/12/1998
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleMigration, Minorities & Citizenship
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCarl-Ulrik Schierup
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.