All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScrappy \ skra-p \ adj: Full of fighting spirit synymous with having moxie, being feisty, enthusiastic, gutsy, lively, and spunkyMaybe you have been told time and time again that if you pay your dues and keep plugging away, you ll gain eugh experience through the school of hard kcks to be successful. That might be true. But maybe you want to reach your goals faster. Maybe you want to earn more, beat the odds and do it with class and style. If so, it s time to get scrappy. Scrappy people see big problems and come up with big solutions. Or they see ordinary challenges and find a new path to extraordinary results. They re like the entrepreneur who turned his home into an indoor jungle complete with waterfalls, tropical birds, and a live baboon to sell investors on the w famous Rainforest Cafe restaurant chain. Or the Girl Scout who skipped the usual door-to-door cookie sales and set up a table outside a medical marijuana dispensary, selling 117 boxes in just 2 hours. It can seem like these successes are just one-off acts of ingenuity or isolated flashes of brilliance...but are they? In today s world you need more than just an occasional burst of creativity. You need a consistent attitude, a proven strategy, and a tactical plan for execution. That s where Terri Sjodin s Scrappy can help you, by explaining and demonstrating the unique elements behind any successful scrappy effort. Drawing on research, interviews, and her own personal experience, Sjodin identifies the habits that will help you get into the right mind-set. She shares stories of scrappy tactics that have worked and those that have crashed and burned, in order to provide practical takeaways for achieving your vision, whatever it might be. She explains, for instance... Why getting scrappy is a choice to play big. How to cultivate your best ideas. How to manage risks and bounce back frommistakes and failures. How to scale a scrappy culture within anyorganization, big or small. As Sjodin puts it, This is t ather book about persistence, although scrappy and persistent make a winning combination. Nothing anys a persistent person more than a scrappy person who pulls off a classy, unexpected, amazing effort to land the deal, the sale, or the opportunity. Whether you're a sales rep, a job seeker, an entrepreneur with big dreams but a small budget, or a corporate executive aiming for the next level of success, the fastest way to get what you want is to get scrappy.
- Author BiographyTerri L. Sjodin is the author of Small Message, Big Impact and the principal and founder of Sjodin Communications, a public speaking, sales training, and consulting firm. For more than twenty years she has served as a speaker and consultant for Fortune 500 companies, industry associations, academic conferences, CEOs, and members of Congress. She lives in Newport Beach, California. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Terri L Sjodin
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read byTerri L Sjodin
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time330
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.