Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionAn Official Beggar has been established in the Hungarian village of Szent-Marton, in order to keep off vagrants and gipsies. At Sheffield the other day, at an inquest on the body of a crippled dwarf, who while drunk had received fatal injuries by falling down stairs, it was stated that he had been in the infirmary with broken limbs fewer than thirty-three times. These and other interesting snippets are contained within the pages of Scraps , an irreverent look at Victorian life from the newspapers of the day.
- Author BiographyE.C. Coleman is a polar explorer with a penchant for irreverent Victorian facts, all found while researching Polar history in Victorian periodicals and newspapers. He lives in Cambridgeshire and can occasionally be found somewhere between Canada and the North Pole.
- Author(s)E. C. Coleman
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width124 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.