All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScreenwriting for Neurotics is a quirky and accessible handbook for beginning screenwriters. Whether you are a student in a screenwriting class or just someone who wants to try their hand at writing for fi lm or television, this handy guidebook makes the entire process simple and unintimidating. Scott Winfield Sublett, a veteran screenwriter and screenwriting teacher, walks you step by step from start to finish and helps you navigate potential and unforeseen difficulties along the way, offering handy tips and suggestions to keep you from becoming blocked or stalled. Rather than throwing you into the writing process headfirst, Sublett guides you through the various decisions you need to make-- about plot, character, structure, conflict--in the order you need to make them. He explains in straightforward terms the termilogy and jargon, the theory and industry standards, and dispels common myths about screenwriting that can discourage or hold back a beginning writer. Balancing theory and practice and offering valuable and insightful examples from recognizable and well-kwn classic and contemporary films, ranging from Casablanca to A Christmas Story to Clerks, Sublett provides the new writer with the necessary tools to successfully write a feature-length screenplay and offers a roadmap of where to go next. With an emphasis on helping a writer t just to begin, but also to finish a script, Screenwriting for Neurotics is the screenwriting book to help you actually write one.
- Author BiographyScott Winfield Sublett is a screenwriter, director, playwright, lyricist, producer, journalist, and educator. He wrote and directed Generic Thriller, featuring Oscar-winner Shirley Jones. As a librettist and lyricist he wrote the musicals Die, Die, Diana; Bye-Bye Bin Laden (named Best Feature at the South Beach International Animation Festival); and Senorita X. Among his numerous screenwriting awards is a First Prize at the 2013 Fade In Magazine screenwriting competition. He was executive producer of All About Dad, named one of Top Ten Asian American Films of the year. A professor of screenwriting, playwriting, and fi lm history at San Jose State University, USA, he holds an MFA in screenwriting from University of California, Los Angeles, USA. He lives in San Jose, California, USA.
- Author(s)Scott Winfield Sublett
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight363 g
- Width133 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.