Scriabin Masterpieces for Solo Piano by Aleksandr Nikolayevich Scriabin (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1905, at age 33, Alexander Scriabin was already a star in the firmament of Russian music. Behind him were three symphonies and well over a hundred pia works. A gifted pianist (at the Moscow Conservatory, only fellow student Serge Rachmaniff scored higher at graduation), Scriabin played recitals of his own music to full houses. As a composer, performances of his works attracted audiences from Russia, Europe, and America.This superb compilation of 29 works includes many that are considered masterpieces of 20th-century pianism. Primarily short pieces, they reflect the highly atmospheric and exotic style of the composer's maturity a period when Scriabin was most deeply affected by his mystical vision of a new music. Included are Poeme satanique, Danse languide, Enigme, Desir, Caresse dansee, Guirlander, and Flammes sombres, among others. The collection also features the complete Fifth Sonata along with four of Scriabin's most popular and frequently recorded works: the poetic Etude in C-sharp mir, the brilliant Etude in D-sharp mir (a Horowitz favorite), the Nocturne in D-flat for Left Hand Alone, and the world-famous Vers la flamme.Now brought together in a single, authoritative, inexpensive edition, this fine collection of masterly compositions will be a significant addition to the score libraries of all pianists and devotees of Scriabin's music.
- Author(s)Aleksandr Nikolayevich Scriabin
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Out-of-print date11/09/2012
- Weight408 g
- Width228 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.