All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhy write in the first place, other than your grocery list? Eric Nicol believes it's the second-most satisfying thing you can do lying down. But it's t eugh to want to write. You must need to write. Now, after more than seventy years of scribbling -- he wrote for the school newspaper at Lord Byng High School in Vancouver, British Columbia -- Eric holds forth on dangling participles, punctuation, and literary jargon. What's more, he answers the burning question: How much should creative writers depend on editors to correct their grammar? Then Eric provides a wide selection of essays to demonstrate how it's done. These include a dramatic demonstration of the chutzpah of a big Tom wild turkey and its harem on a B.C. Gulf Island, the discovery that Eric's one-way-view window in the bathroom has been installed incorrectly, the trials and tribulations of computers and the creative process, and a riposte to the query, Are nipples really necessary on guys? Pure Nicol. Minted in Canada. Priceless!
- Author BiographyEric Nicol, one of Canada's best-known satirical writers, is the author of more than 35 books and has won the Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour three times. He lives in Vancouver and describes himself as pretty well retired from everything but breathing.
- Author(s)Eric Nicol
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2010
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Note11
- Weight340 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.