All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionArt students and ambitious amateur artists who turn to this volume will find detailed training for creating original and distinctive works of sculpture. Karin Hessenberg, an experienced sculptor, opens with extensive advice on setting up the workplace and assembling tools and equipment. She begins instruction with a how-to course on clay modeling that includes five separate projects, four of which culminate with kiln firing. The book's second major section presents five projects that teach the craft of molding and casting, using a variety of materials that include plaster in combination with modeling clay, wire, and concrete. A section on direct building presents two projects in which various materialswood, wire mesh, and other objectsare applied to their frameworks to create finished sculptures. A final section for advanced sculptors offers five projects for carvingin soapstone, alabaster, limestone, lumber, and a log. In total, this volume presents projects for 17 finished pieces. Subjects include a seated Buddha, a female figure, animals, and several fascinating abstract shapes. This handsome book is printed in four-color throughout and features more than 250 instructive illustrations.
- Author(s)Karin Hessenberg
- PublisherBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date17/06/2013
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width224 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.