All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume (with Corinth IX, ii) completes the presentation of the sculptures excavated from the Theater in Ancient Corinth by the American School of Classical Studies at Athens. Most of the sculptures were discovered during the early campaigns of 1896, 1902-1910, and 1925-1929. Mary Sturgeon's analysis of the findspots leads to a reconstruction of sculptures on the Roman scaenae frons of the second quarter of the 2nd century AD. Her stylistic analysis of the sculptures yields important new information on the subjects, dates, and use of sculptural assemblages in Roman theaters. The inscriptions from the Theater also provide valuable insight into the horee, patron, and date of the scaenae frons. Corinth's Hadrianic Theater can w be visualized as one of the most prominent and most elaborately decorated monuments in the Roman city.
- Author BiographyMary C Sturgeon is Professor of Classical Art and Adjunct Professor of Classics at the University of North Carolian at Chapel Hill, USA.
- Author(s)Mary C. Sturgeon
- PublisherAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- Series TitleCorinth S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.9, Pt.3
- Place of PublicationPrinceton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Content Note92 b/w illus, 1 col illus
- Weight1615 g
- Width225 mm
- Height334 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.