All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSea Clutter: Scattering, the K Distribution and Radar Performance, 2nd Edition gives an authoritative account of our current understanding of radar sea clutter. Topics covered include the characteristics of radar sea clutter, modelling radar scattering by the ocean surface, statistical models of sea clutter, the simulation of clutter and other random processes, detection of small targets in sea clutter, imaging ocean surface features, radar detection performance calculations, CFAR detection, and the specification and measurement of radar performance. The calculation of the performance of practical radar systems is presented in sufficient detail for the reader to be able to tackle related problems with confidence. In this second edition the contents have been fully updated and reorganised to give better access to the different types of material in the book. Extensive new material has been added on the Doppler characteristics of sea clutter and detection processing; bistatic sea clutter measurements; electromagnetic scattering theory of littoral sea clutter and bistatic sea clutter; the use of models for predicting radar performance; and use of the K distribution in other fields.
- Author BiographyProfessor Keith Ward has worked on radar and military systems throughout his career with his ideas exploited for in-service radars and remote sensing. He is a Visiting Professor at UCL, in electronics and electrical engineering. Dr Robert Tough has carried out extensive research in ocean imaging, small target detection, rough surface scattering, detection theory and range profile classification for a number of clients based in the UK and USA. Professor Simon Watts works for Thales UK and is a Visiting Professor at UCL, in electronics and electrical engineering. His research interests include sea clutter and detection signal processing methods.
- Author(s)Keith Ward,Robert Tough,Simon Watts
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Series TitleElectromagnetics and Radar
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.