All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionNootka and Kyuquot Sounds are the next step for sea kayakers who have enjoyed the Gulf Islands, the Sunshine Coast, Desolation Sound and the Broken Islands. Its wetter weather and more rugged coastline offer greater challenges as well as the rewards of pristine sandy beaches, remote islands, sea caves, rare sea otters, and historic sites. Although t quite the wilderness it was in the days of the explorers and fur traders, for those with the necessary skills, it comes close to the age old Canadian dream of wilderness and freedom. The book breaks the area down into 49 trips. These are just suggestions for planning purposes. Once out there, wind and weather will dictate where you go depending on your skill level. You'll have a more comfortable trip if you read the weather and trip planning sections before you finalize too much.
- Author BiographyAn avid sea kayaker and canoeist since 1969, Heather Harbord has paddled the Gulf Islands and much of the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver and Cortes Island, BC. She was the first president of the Sea Kayak Association of BC and was awarded honorary membership in January 2003. A former professional librarian who worked in BC, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan, she was president of the Canadian Library Association in 1980 and chief librarian in Powell River until 1995.
- Author(s)Heather Harbord
- PublisherRocky Mountain Books,Canada
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRocky Mountain Books,Canada
- Content Noteb/w photos & maps
- Weight216 g
- Width127 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.