All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Sea King' is published in conjunction with the book launch of German artist Sabine Moritz's 'Helicopter' at Serpentine Galleries and as a catalogue to a companion exhibition of the Sea King series. Originally derived from a simple black and white sketch, reproduced and painted over, the series comprises 41 individual works focussing on the global presence of the Sea King anti-submarine warfare helicopter, giving the series its name. Previously explored in Heni Publishing's title 'Helicopter', Moritz's fascination with these aircraft has arisen from an awareness of a shift in the symbolic meaning of air travel since 9/11. Her highly evocative paintings and drawings are interpretations of images from newspapers and television that range from objective depictions to more poetic compositions, with each of the 41 works featured in this book. 'Sea King' also features a foreword by Joe Hage, friend of the artist, a visual index and details about each work.
- Author BiographySabine Moritz is a German artist based in Cologne, Germany. Memory as a dynamic process has been the underlying theme of her drawings and paintings since the early 1990s. In her work, the artist has captured remembered images from her childhood in the GDR; drawn flower compositions; and in recent years has engaged with the motif of war.
- PublisherHeni Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeni Publishing
- Content Note41 colour illustrations
- Width280 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Artist(s)Sabine Moritz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.