All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe seafood processing industry produces a large amount of by-products that usually consist of bioactive materials such as proteins, enzymes, fatty acids, and biopolymers. These by-products are often underutilized or wasted, even though they have been shown to have biotechlogical, nutritional, pharmaceutical, and biomedical applications. For example, by-products derived from crustaceans and algae have been successfully applied in place of collagen and gelatin in food, cosmetics, drug delivery, and tissue engineering. Divided into four parts and consisting of twenty-seven chapters, this book discusses seafood by-product development, isolation, and characterization, and demonstrates the importance of seafood by-products for the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and biomedical industries.
- Author BiographyProfessor Se-Kwon Kim, Ph.D., is director of the Marine Process Research Center (MBPRC) and a distinguished professor in the graduate school of marine biotechnology at Pukyong National University in the Republic of Korea. His major research interests are the investigation and development of bioactive substances derived from marine organisms, and their application in eastern medicine, nutraceuticals, and cosmeceuticals via marine bioprocessing and mass-production technologies.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/04/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations, 88 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1167 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited bySe-Kwon Kim
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.