All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the past fifty years, documentary photography and architecture have become increasingly interdependent, blurring the disciplinary boundary between the two. Seamless looks at the work of a new generation of European photographers and architects working together to produce images of architecture made from fragments of reality. At the same time, it investigates how shared digital techlogies influence the creation of architecture and its photographic representation through images. Based on a series of interviews, Seamless discusses the collaborations between Filip Dujardin and Jan De Vylder, Philipp Schaerer and Roger Boltshauser, and Bas Princen and OFFICE Kersten Geers David van Severen. Each of the three sections is illustrated with a series in images that form parallel narratives within the book. In the concluding essay, architect Jesus Vassallo pulls together the treads of the conversations to investigate questions about the impact of digital techlogy on the value assigned to images, how shared techlogical platforms enhance the influence photographers and architects have on each other, and why they have often chosen to focus on the dirty realism of the urban spaces.
- Author BiographyJesus Vassallo is a Spanish architect and writer and assistant professor at Rice University s School of Architecture.
- Author(s)Jesus Vassallo
- PublisherPark Books
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPark Books
- Weight700 g
- Width175 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.