All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a story of how the walking apes of Africa were destined to become the vanguards of evolution: Humankind and their struggles to tame the chaos in nature and themselves through understanding. However, understanding developed slowly: From pictures as language; to ritual language as art; to logic of written language; to observations, experimentations, and theoretic reasoning to kwledge; and the expanding of consciousness to insight. Five great teachers emerged in history who brought wisdom to enlighten their cultures and the world. They never wrote a book, their wisdom was remembered, later written, and called: The Analects; The Four Noble Truths; The Republic; The Gospels; The Koran. Their wisdom has lasted thousands of years, strongly influencing three quarters of the earth's population; they were called Confucius, Buddha; Socrates, Jesus and Mohammad. The lovers of wisdom furthered our understanding and the scientists increased our kwledge daily, while the mystics expanded our consciousness to reach the highest power. Read this book and learn how the author lost his scientific skepticism about disembodied consciousness.
- Author(s)John Jacob Haksteen MD F.A.P.A.
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.