All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces readers to the different methods used when interpreting the New Testament. Although there are other books on the market that introduce the various techniques they are often very theoretical and it is hard for readers to see what difference the methods of interpretation make in practice to how a passage might be understood. Here, Paula Gooder responds to this gap in the market by giving practical textual examples of how a text might be interpreted using a broad range of interpretational methods. She also explores techniques that are often omitted from books on biblical interpretation, such as textual criticism and post-colonial criticism. The emphasis throughout is on what difference the method of interpretation makes for understanding the text.The text is mainly written by Paula Gooder but includes short contributions from world class scholars who offer nuggets of wisdom on their particular area of expertise.
- Author BiographyDr Paula Gooder is a visiting lecturer at King's College London, an honorary lecturer at the University of Birmingham, senior research scholar at the Queen's Foundation, Birmingham, and Canon Theologian of Birmingham Cathedral. Her previous books include Only the Third Heaven? 2 Corinthians 12.1-10 and Heavenly Ascent (T&T Clark 2006) and Exploring New Testament Greek (with Peter Kevern, SCM Press 2004).
- Author(s)Paula Gooder
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.