All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResilience is a term that is gaining currency in conservation and sustainable development, though its meaning and value in this context is yet to be defined. Searching for Resilience in Sustainable Development examines ways in which resilience may be created within the web of ecological, socio-ecomic and cultural systems that make up the world in. The authors embark upon a learning journey exploring both robust and fragile systems and asking questions of groups and individuals actively involved in building or maintaining resilience. Through a series of wide ranging interviews the authors give voice to the many different approaches to thinking of and building resilience that may otherwise stay rooted in and confined by specific disciplinary, professional or spatial contexts. The book documents emerging trends, shifting tactics and future pathways for the conservation and sustainable development movement post Rio+20, arriving at a set of diverse but connected conclusions and questions in relation to the resilience of people and planet. This book is ideal for students and researchers working in the fields of conservation, sustainable development, education, systems thinking and development studies. It will also be of great interest to NGOs and government officers whose interests and responsibilities focus on conserving or reconstructing biodiversity and system resilience.
- Author BiographyJohn Blewitt is co-director of MSc Social Responsibility and Sustainability, a member of the IUCN Commission on Communication and Education. He is also a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and a Distinguished Fellow of the Schumacher Institute. Daniella Tilbury is professor and director of sustainability at the University of Gloucestershire. She is co-chair of the Sustainable Futures Leadership Academy, a Marie Curie Fellow and president of Copernicus Alliance of Universities.
- Author(s)Daniella Tilbury,John Blewitt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 20 black & white halftones
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.