All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates Heiner Muller s use of the Geschichtsdrama as a tool in his search for post-World War II and post-reunification German identity in Germania Tod in Berlin (1956/1971) and Germania 3 Gespenster am Toten Mann (1996), respectively. By using specific examples organized into relevant categories, the author demonstrates t only how these historical, allegorical, and political persons and events have affected the course of German history in Muller s opinion, but also how he believes they have influenced German identity of the past and present and may affect its future. In her analyses of these two dramas, the author explores the many historical, political, and allegorical characters as well as the abundant intertextual references by locating their original sources in order to explain their significance as each relates to Muller s perception of German identity at various points in time. The research focuses on Muller s use of the literary techniques of intertextuality, collage, metaphors, allegorical figures, political songs, ballads, and fairy tales. The methodological approach is eclectic: a mixture of New Criticism, New Historicism, and Rezeptionsasthetik.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Theresa M. Ganter has a B.A. in German, French, and International Studies and an International MBA from Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio, an M.A. in German from The Ohio State University and a Ph.D. in German from The Pennsylvania State University. She worked for the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) in Bonn for two decades and has recently returned to the USA where she is pursuing her teaching and research interests.
- Author(s)Theresa M. Ganter
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleDDR- Studien/East German Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight670 g
- Width220 mm
- Height150 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.