All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe legal rms of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) are the product of a compromise between humanitarian considerations and the demands of military necessity. In Searching for a 'Principle of Humanity' in International Humanitarian Law, international legal scholars consider whether humanitarian considerations have an independent legal impact on IHL beyond the formation of these rms. They ask whether a 'principle of humanity' can be said to have legal force in its own right. Moreover, the book investigates whether regional or national differences are emerging regarding the import and emphasis placed on humanitarian considerations. For instance, do states which are t directly affected by armed conflict attach a greater weight to humanitarian considerations when interpreting and applying IHL than those states which are more directly involved in armed conflicts? Specifically, this book examines whether a particular 'Nordic perspective' can be identified, owing to those states' involvement in armed conflicts outside their own territories in the post-Second World War era.
- Author BiographyKjetil Mujezinovic Larsen is an Associate Professor at the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, University of Oslo. He is also author of The Human Rights Treaty Obligations of Peacekeepers. Camilla Guldahl Cooper is a legal adviser and lecturer at the Norwegian Defence Command and Staff College. Gro Nystuen is Associate Professor at the Norwegian Defence University College and senior partner in the International Law and Policy Institute, Oslo. She is also co-editor of Human Rights, Corporate Complicity and Disinvestment.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byCamilla Guldahl Cooper,Gro Nystuen,Kjetil Mujezinovic Larsen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.