All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs any visitor to the beach kws, all sorts of treasures can be found if you kw how and where to look. This beautifully illustrated pocket guide helps young beachcombers find and identify shells of animals commonly found on rtheastern shores. Writing specifically with the Northeast in mind, author and artist Joanne Roach-Evans describes clams, limpets, whelks, mussels, oysters, periwinkles, and more, in gentle prose with just the right amount of scientific information to satisfy the budding explorer. Easy eugh for preschoolers to understand, but scientific eugh to satisfy a middle-schooler, Seashells will appeal to any beach lover.
- Author BiographyJoanne Roach-Evans wrote and illustrated her first children's book at age nine and decided that she would grow up to be a children's book author and illustrator. She pursued her passion for art at the School of the Worcester Art Museum and her love of writing at Worcester State University where she received her master's in education. She currently teaches art and graphic design. As a curious naturalist, she draws inspiration from the natural world and expresses it in her writing and painting. When she's not teaching, writing, or painting, she can be found beachcombing along New England's shores. She lives in central Massachusetts with her husband, two sons, and a garden full of birds.
- Author(s)Joanne Roach-Evans
- PublisherIslandport Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIslandport Press
- Weight68 g
- Width147 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.