All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who grew up holidaying on England's beaches is familiar with the distinctive features of these historic resorts - t the exclusive, paradisiacal haunts of the rich and famous, but the gritty, often rocky shores of the Atlantic and the Irish and North Seas, filled with amusement arcades, bathing huts, beach umbrellas and people of all ages and classes. Jon Nicholson's Polaroid SX70 is the perfect vehicle to capture the colour and character of summers at the sea. At once immediate and ephemeral, these delicately hued, slightly muted images taken with original, out-of-date film stock depict the faded glory of Yarmouth's giant piers, Brighton's pebbly shores, the Blackpool Pleasure Beach amusement park, the dunes of Hemsby, and many other resorts across Britain. Each of the 70 photographs is beautifully reproduced on its own page with descriptive captions. A foreword by Joseph Gallia provides a wry, contemporary perspective on these beloved, centuries-old locations.
- Author BiographyJon Nicholson's photographs have been featured in the world's most celebrated magazines, including National Geographic, Conde Nast Traveller and Stern. He has travelled the globe in his work with UN agencies and the sports industry. Most recently he was named the official photographer of the 2012 Olympic games in London. Joseph Galliano is the editor of the Dear Me: A Letter to My 16 Year-Old Self series of books, which feature letters written by celebrities, writers, musicians, athletes and actors to their younger selves. He is also a freelance journalist and editor and the former editor of GT magazine. His work has appeared in, amongst other publications, The Times, The Guardian, I:D.
- Author(s)Jon Nicholson,Joseph Galliano
- Date of Publication21/01/2013
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date01/07/2015
- Content Note70
- Weight558 g
- Width178 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.