All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeasonal baking from the Royal cake maker. Royal cake maker, Fiona Cairns, kws how important the seasons are when creating delicious cakes. Not only are ingredients at their very best and cheapest, but it also makes sense to be in tune with the changing colours, moods and celebrations of the seasons. In the spring, why t try baking early rhubarb and vanilla custard cupcakes? On a hot summer's day enjoy a mango pavlova, and on a cold winter's afteron curl up by the fireside and share a slice of chocolate and cardamom tart. From edible gifts to party and celebration cakes, plus decorating ideas and drink suggestions, SEASONAL BAKING is full of inspiration whatever the time of year or occasion. Fiona Cairns supplies cakes for Waitrose, Selfridges, Harrods, Sainsbury's and Bon Marche Paris and was the official cake designer for Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding. Many of the cakes in this book are accompanied by decorating ideas, as well as seasonal drink suggestions. Whether you find yourself in the kitchen wondering what to bake for the simple pleasure of it, to share or give to a friend or maybe bake for a party large or small - whatever the time of year or occasion, you will find plenty of ideas.
- Author BiographyFiona Cairns Ltd began on Fiona's kitchen table 25 years ago, when Kishore Patel - Fiona's husband and now MD of the company - spotted the potential of his wife's beautifully crafted handmade cakes. Kishore and Fiona have built the company up to be an established premium brand and this year they had the honour of being chosen to make the official wedding cake for Prince William and Catherine Middleton. A Fiona Cairns cake is both classic and cutting edge and Fiona and her dedicated team pride themselves on being creative; their designs are constantly changing,to reflect current fashions and trends. Fiona also gets a lot of the inspiration by keeping in touch with her customers and visiting the department stores to gather ideas. Her love of flowers also has a strong influence and she regularly uses sugar roses, hydrangeas and berries to decorate her vintage cakes, which have a pretty, traditional look. Fiona Cairns cakes are available at Waitrose, Selfridges, Harrods, Sainsbury's and Bon Marche Paris. Visit the website for more information www.fionacairns.com. Join on Fiona Cairns on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fionacairnscakes, follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/fionacairns and on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/fionacairnsltd.
- Author(s)Fiona Cairns
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Content Note150
- Weight1066 g
- Width191 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.